|Title||Technical Sales Representative|
Technical Sales Representative is responsible for creating and maintaining client relationships, schedule sales presentations with homeowners and business owner’s who are from incoming enquiries, and self-generated leads via your own prospecting and networking efforts, and continue with follow-up to build your network of referrals.
1. Conduct sales of Security Systems and Services, including and Perimeter Protection Solutions and Guarding, GPS Tracking Solutions, Home Automation Solutions and other related services to residential, commercial and corporate customers.
2. Create new sales leads and follow-up on company-generated leads in order to execute commercial and residential sales of the company products and services.
3. Develop new customer relationships, and build on existing customer relationships.
4. Provide recommendations on all types and aspects of the company products and services.
5. Strongly contribute toward the goals and standards of the sales team.
6. Report sales funnel activity weekly to the sales team and management.
7. Perform other duties as required or assigned from time to time by the head of department.
The Technical Sales Representative will be accountable to the head of department with secondary reporting lines to the President and CEO.
Qualifications / Knowledge Requirements:
1. Electronic systems and/or construction related background.
2. Degree /professional certifications in Electronics / Electrical engineering / Building Technology.
3. Minimum of three years in a technical sales or sales consultancy environment preferably in a systems or construction related field.
4. Proven track record in handling sales transactions above $20K with good sales skills, particularly with strong upselling and closing abilities.
5. Must demonstrate an ability to generate leads via prospecting and networking.
6. Good working knowledge of Electronics / Electrical / Building systems.
7. Computer literate in MS Office applications and Adobe.
8. Ability to read and comprehend blue prints and construction and engineering drawings.
There may be some overseas travel required, and to be expected around the Cayman Islands.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
1. Clean, tidy and neat appearance and present a professional image of the firm to current and potential customers.
2. Professional, pleasant and courteous, as well as self-disciplined and mature.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
5. Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
6. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups and be a team player.
7. Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
8. Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
9. Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation including sets of construction and engineering drawings.
10. Valid and current clean driver’s license.
11. Able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
12. Strong aptitude to learn about new product areas.