• Assist and support Risk Senior Management in all risk related issues and its subsidiaries.
• Assist in the creation and control of a robust risk management structure for all subsidiaries to meet Japanese, Cayman and other countries’ authority requirements.
• Prepare regular, ad-hoc or special risk reports for the Company’s Compliance Committee and Group reporting as required;
• Act as an expert advisor to Senior Management and other relevant parties in matters related to risk management including challenging assumptions where necessary.
• Assist the company & its subsidiaries in clearly articulating its risk appetite and strategy.
• Working on rectifying operational errors, resolving the error at hand and tracking the implementation appropriate protocols to mitigate the risk of reoccurrence;
• Independently identify, measure, monitor, and report the company & its subsidiaries’ risks. Give transparency to the internal working and external factors.
• Support the risk committee, ensuring that the committee addresses timely issues that inform management of risks faced by the the company & its subsidiaries and formulate actions to be taken; participate in other senior level meetings.
• Assist with managing the company's relationships with stakeholders such as regulators, auditors, and other members.
• Supply the company with various reports and information as deemed necessary by Corporate Risk Management Division, Credit Supervisory Division and other related divisions on a regular basis and discuss the relevant issues with related parties of the company.
• Periodically review and update risk management policies and procedures.
• Assist with the review and sign off of new products initiatives developed by the business.
• Study new and emerging international regulations and their application, summarize the requirements and how they will impact our business.
• University degree in accounting, finance, law, economics, business or a related discipline
• Risk Qualification would be preferred.
• Minimum of three years’ relevant experience in Risk Management. Affluent knowledge to banking, treasury and operational risk
• Hands on knowledge of risk assessment techniques with strong cross-experience in Financial Services, Fund Services environment is preferential
• Ability to demonstrate detailed knowledge and understanding of regulatory and risk principles and banking and treasury issues
• Have a structured and determined approach to work, display a keen sense of attention to detail, and a strong appetite to act on regulatory guidance and recommendations
• Project management skills and ability to analyse project progress and direct/redirect team efforts
• Complete work is a timely and accurate manner, with the ability to manage workload effectively
• Diplomatic and mediation skills
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Advanced PC skills in the Microsoft Office suite of applications
Please email me at Gavin@baraud.com to discuss further.