A leading construction and development firm here in Cayman are looking for a Quantity surveyor to join their team.
• Undertake predominately post contract cost control, sub contract change management and administration, and project monitoring duties.
• Assist in pre contract cost planning and estimating functions.
• Identify, assess, and manage the commercial risks of projects.
• Prepare status reports on the commercial management of projects.
• Maintain cost statistics on an island-wide and regional basis.
• Research labor, materials, and equipment pricing and make cost effective recommendations for assigned projects.
• Maintain professional relations with clients, vendors, suppliers and external contract.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying
• A minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience,including project experience in the development and construction of resorts, mixed use developments, some of which should have been valued in excess of US$25million within a well reputed construction or development organization and ideally in an international environment.
• A relevant post-graduate professional qualification, or one in progress.
• Experience with On-Screen Take-Off and/or CostX estimating software.
• Excellent mathematical, planning, analytical, negotiation and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to work both independently and as part of the larger commercial/project team.
• Excellent computer skills necessary for analyzing and monitoring commercial activities.
If you are interested in this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.