The Presales Engineer supports the sales productivity and deal flow by securing the technical closure of more complex enterprise class solutions. The Presales Engineer collaborates with sales, services, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure that proposed deals include solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision makers.
The Presales Engineer is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market and the client channel.
Reporting to the Head of Presales, the Presales Engineer reports supports the sales team.
Summary of essential job functions
- Works deals assigned to the sales team, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the Head of Presales.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both customer and firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, product development, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff, commitments needed to ensure a deal’s technical closure
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth through the achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in assigned product lines, market areas, channels or other teams being supported.
- Provides training to the sales team members in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks to deal closure.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Achieves assigned productivity and performance KPIs
- Maintains deal throughput in early deal-sales process steps
- Achieve product growth targets for the business
- Maintains effective use of all tools to boost productivity
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
- Maintains open and effective verbal/written communication with all stakeholders
If you are interested in this or similar roles contact firstname.lastname@example.org