About the Role:
The successful candidate will assume a key role in the Company and will report to the Managing Director. Responsibilities include providing day to day fund governance for a portfolio of commercial trusts and structured finance vehicles and take the lead in organizing and performing due diligence reporting. The successful candidate will also liaise with local and international service providers, as well as provide client liaison and support. The position involves representing the company as a primary contact with the commercial trust clients, regulators, administrators, as well as local legal counsel and requires the successful candidate to make key fiduciary decisions on a daily basis. The successful candidate should be solution and commercially driven.
Job Duties in Brief:
• Administration of a complex portfolio of commercial hedge fund unit trusts and structured finance vehicles;
• Onboarding of new clients;
• Liaising with all parties to a structure, including Investment Managers, Administrators, Prime Brokers, Custodians, Bankers, Auditors, Tax Advisers, Legal Counsel and Investors;
• Review transaction/legal documents for trusts/companies/partnerships;
• Drafting trustee resolutions/minutes on a regular basis;
• Liaising with the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA) and the Cayman Islands Registry on a regular basis and arranging for the submission of fees, annual returns and ad hoc documents;
• Coordinating the audit process and review and sign off of audited financial statements (under both US GAAP and IFRS), fund annual returns and letters of representation;
• Preparation of semi-annual fund governance reviews on behalf of the trustee;
• Assisting with the liquidation of companies and partnerships in the Cayman Islands and BVI;
• Preparing ad hoc and annual invoices and ensuring the collection of such invoices in a timely manner;
• Managing and training staff;
• Involvement in Special Projects across various lines of business.
• The successful candidate must be either (i) a qualified lawyer (admitted in Cayman or another Commonwealth jurisdiction and in good standing) with an accounting/finance background and experienced in reviewing/analysing financial statements or (ii) a qualified accountant, with at least 5+ years relevant experience in the field of commercial trust law, accounting, tax, private equity, hedge fund industry, structured finance or fund administration;
• Excellent verbal, written, analytical skills;
• Proven project management and risk analysis skills are required;
• Fluency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint;
• Knowledge of Viewpoint, Oracle, CAP/EDMS, CORIS, CIMA REEF systems;
• Good knowledge of AEOI regulations, AML regulations, Cayman Company/Trusts/Partnership/Mutual Funds Law;
• Understanding of European Regulations (AIFMD, EMIR, GDPR) and US regulations (Dodd-Frank Act, FINRA, CFTC, ERISA);;
• Experience in Hedge Funds and Structured Finance;
• Experience with reviewing legal documents, financial statements (under both US GAAP and IFRS) and tax returns;
• Working independently and part of a team.
What We Offer:
• A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
• Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
• Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
• Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.