Our Client is looking for an IT Support technician to join a busy working environment.
• Day to day operational support of applications and infrastructure on the AMER shift of a global team.
• Use of technical and analytical expertise to identify and resolve incidents and manage problems.
• Support and ownership of IT related issues and tickets received from end users, colleagues and third party providers.
• Co-ordination and close collaboration with Global IT, business and managed service teams.
• Completion and improvement of daily monitoring processes across the global platform.
• Ensure scheduled daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed and any issues are escalated to IT Management in a timely manner.
• Produces and maintains all reporting and documentation required for the IT group related to this function
• Works autonomously to resolve complex problems in a multi-functional setting, assessing and communicating issues of technological impact
• Follows Company IT policies and procedures meticulously, ensuring all appropriate approvals and processes are performed. Reviews IT control functions on a regular basis to ensure adherence to policies and controls.
• Flexible to work outside normal office hours as required.
• Diploma/Degree in an appropriate IT discipline is desirable.
• A minimum of 3 years in a hands-on Information Technology Support role, preferably within the financial services sector.
• Solid technical knowledge in the following areas: Operating Systems (Red Hat / Windows), Active Directory, Citrix, Monitoring tools, patching and security practices.
• Working knowledge of networking, VMware, databases, SharePoint is an advantage.
• Have Microsoft certification or working towards same such as MCSE / MCITP / MCSA
• Working knowledge of ITIL processes (Certification desirable)
• Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills both written and oral.
• Candidate must be self-motivated, able to work independently and be eager to learn and share new skills across the global team.
• Strong focus on customer service.
• Experience working with IT ticketing systems such as Remedy, Manage Engine or service now.
• Basic coding, scripting and automation knowledge is an advantage.
• Flexible to work outside normal office hours on need basis.
For all applications please email Aengus@baraud.com