The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include assisting Local Management in
effectively managing the regulatory and compliance risk of the branch. The position involves primarily, but not exclusively, to the following tasks:
• Implementation of new policies and procedures, and updating of existing ones, so as to ensure compliance with all regulatory and legal operational risk requirements, and ensure compliance with those of the company;
• Ensuring the standards of control required by the Cayman and Swiss regulations are in practice;
• Ensuring an adequate monitoring and follow up on risk, compliance and tax related issues and develop and maintain a Risk and Compliance Control Plan in line with company standards.
• Managing the account opening process within the branch and undertake the KYC and AML review of all new and existing clients;
• Supervision of the Compliance staff;
• Maintaining a relationship with the Cayman Islands Regulatory Authorities, and ensure follow up and resolution of all regulatory issues;
• Providing training and support to employees on risk, compliance, tax and key operational issues including, but not limited to AML/KYC, cross-border, market abuse and other risk and control issues.
The successful candidate will be a university graduate with a recognized compliance qualification, with at least 7 years’ experience in risk, compliance and tax in the financial services industry with excellent knowledge of legal, fiduciary, banking, risk and operational matters.
The successful candidate must have an excellent working knowledge of the rules and regulations of the financial services industry and the key Compliance risks and controls; excellent presentation and communication skills and a rigorous approach to detail Extensive knowledge of FATCA and CRS is required.
An attractive compensation plan. Benefits include 4 weeks’ vacation (pro-rated for part years), health insurance and pension plan. Salary will reflect qualifications and experience and will be in the range of USD 100,000-120,000.
If interested in this role please email Gavin@baraud.com