This is rare new opportunity to join an established brand with a global presence and lead a team offering a full range of services locally and internationally for a portfolio of clients. In this role your responsibilities will include, but won't be limited to the following.
- Leads a team to ensure the efficient delivery of a full suite of services for the offshore platforms of structured finance transactions. This includes the provision of professional independent directors, accounting and administrative services, compliance services and banking.
- Works closely with local and international structured finance experts to develop new business opportunities.
- Performs detailed review of all documentation and communications for assigned portfolio of fund governance clients and demonstrates an in‐depth understanding of the issues at hand.
- Manages a portfolio of investment fund clients and as part of performing these duties, independently liaises with service providers including lawyers, investment managers, brokers and other financial service providers parties located in various international jurisdictions.
- Ensures all regulatory and compliance requirements are met for assigned portfolio of clients.
- Assists with designing, implementing and overseeing internal controls and operating procedures.
- Actively leads and monitors team projects for the Structured Finance business unit.
- A Master’s degree in Law or Accountancy, or qualification as a Chartered Accountant / Certified Public Accountant.
- A minimum of 8 years post‐qualification senior financial services experience, with a proven track record of advancement.
- Strong client services experience at management level within the investment funds and structured finance industries.
- Experience reviewing fund governing documentation and financial statements.
- Experience serving as a Director of investment funds.
- Experience working with structured finance transactions including CLOs, credit funds, repackaging vehicles, fund‐linked structured products, CDOs, asset finance and Islamic finance.
- Proven ability to independently liaise with global service providers, including attorneys, investment managers, brokers etc.
- Candidate must have strong business development and networking skills, be highly motivated, and be adept at building relationships in the Cayman Islands and internationally
If the above is of interest and you have relevant on Cayman experience please get in touch quickly to discuss. gavin@baraud for a confidential discussion.