Baraud have been engaged by a well-recognized on island brand to find a Compliance Manager for their Grand Cayman office. You will work for an Alternative Fund Services business and enjoy a career offering training and development whilst also working on a global scale in a welcoming environment.
• Identify applicable laws and regulations, monitor and implement regulatory changes;
• Analyze trends and developments within the compliance region and maintain up-to -date knowledge of the legal/regulatory/corporate environment and awareness of industry and company best practice in the business;
• Work with senior management to facilitate a robust compliance culture across the region;
• Assist with the maintenance of the Compliance Framework. Ensuring compliance with risk based compliance monitoring programs, including periodic and regular reviews of business activities;
• Ensure provision of prompt and accurate advice to the business on compliance and regulatory matters;
• Management of and the ongoing and appropriate development of staff;
• Assist with developing and providing training;
• Escalation of any major issues in the above areas to the CCO/MLRO.
• Qualified accountant (CA, ACCA, CPA, etc.) with 6+ years experience in compliance in the offshore financial industry (Fund, Banking and Custody/Trustee businesses) with cross-jurisdictional operating models;
• A minimum of five years management experience and/or senior management experience;
• Strong understanding of the Cayman Regulatory Framework;
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills that facilitate open working relationships with staff at all levels in the business;
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills with an ability to address challenging and at times contentious situations;
• Strong sense for processes and procedures along with excellent understanding of business drivers and client orientation;
• Proven project management and leadership skills;
• The ability to meet strict deadlines and a willingness to work long hours as needed;
• A recognized compliance qualification (ACAMS, ICA etc.) is preferred but not essential.
The salary and benefits on offer is highly competitive and will be in line with relevant experience. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP if of interest.