Associate – Fund Governance at is an integral part of the Fund Governance team, working closely with the Directors, Associate Directors, Senior Associates and other employees to ensure client service delivery across governance product lines. The incumbent shall be responsible for governance support functions including database maintenance tasks for client engagement files, Document Execution Form (“DEF”) workflow for client transactions, key regulatory projects and other support for quality client service delivery. The Associate will service and maintain relationships for a portfolio of clients in addition to providing administrative support to the Directors and Associate Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Take full responsibility for service, maintenance and development of a complex portfolio or Cayman docmiciled hedge funds and companies.
• Manage Independently client document review and quality control of service level, including a 24 hour turn around on all communications and timely saving of relevant information to Tracker.
• Provide appropriate materials prepared to a high standard as defined by company protocols, meeting all policy and procedure expectations and timelines.
• Manage the Document Execution Form (“DEF”) workflow for board resolutions, agreements and other transactional documentation prior to director execution.
• Provide excellent customer service and independently liaise in a professional manner with fund service providers.
• Display understanding of KYC required and proactively begin process when relevant new engagement is assigned and see process to conclusion.
• Identify opportunities for cross-selling company products.
• Build to maintain a full portfolio of client relationships following successful completion of training and within 90 days employment.
• Take responsibility for regulatory and risk management projects on assigned portfolio, including but not limited to:
- Completeness of performance and investor reporting
- Financial Statement/Audit reviews and regulatory filing
- Fund status, regulatory and service provider information in Tracker (weekly, monthly & quarterly projects).
• Monitor the accounts receivable for portfolio of clients and escalate when necessary.
• Provide support to the Board Support Team on the provision of board meeting services to a portfolio of clients
• Maintain professional interaction with internal and external clients in conversation and in emails. Ensure clients are phoned when communications are being prolonged by emails and ensure appropriate phone notes are made.
• When out of office, provide notes to Manager the day before leaving and complete the out of office checklist regarding all outstanding DEFs, upcoming meetings and any other pending matters related to client portfolio or regulatory projects.
• Evaluate risk involved with each situation and prioritize time and risk levels appropriately.
• Demonstrate understanding of the operational risk associated with Governance clients, including a complete understanding of all Policies & Procedures.
• Keep abreast of all industry developments and regulatory changes and assist in projects related to operational risk and compliance.
• Foster a positive environment through open communication and willingness to work efficiently and effectively with others.
• Share key learning and knowledge lessons at team meetings.
• Engage with Associate Directors, Directors and Business Unit Leaders to further knowledge and to define and grow a career path within the company.
• Be able/willing to take on additional duties as and when required. Assist colleagues when capacity permits and notify Manager with availability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree or internationally recognized professional qualification.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of investment fund client service experience.
• A strong working knowledge of fund structures, fund documentation and regulatory requirements is required
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, including reporting and providing support to various members of a large team and diverse client portfolio complex portfolio of Cayman domiciled hedge funds and companies.
• Outstanding time management, organizational skills, oral/written communication skills, critical thinking and attention to detail is required.
• Corporate secretarial, legal secretarial or paralegal experience is preferred.
• A firm knowledge of Cayman Islands Mutual Funds law, as well as a strong grasp of legal concepts would benefit the candidate.
If you are interested in this position please email Gavin@baraud.com