Our Client is looking for an Associate Director with high energy and a passion to succeed. The successful candidates will have a ‘can do’attitude, be critical thinkers and be extremely detail oriented. They will have outstanding organizational and time management skills along with strong oral and written communication skills, leading them to handle high volumes of work accurately, in a fast-paced environment.
The role of an Associate Director has unique requirements and duties; however, these responsibilities are to be executed within the organization’s framework of core values. It is expected of all employees to be high performing, self-motivated, learners and leaders.
The Associate Director will be an integral part of the team and will work closely with the Managing Directors, Directors, Associates and other employees to support our clients. They may also be called upon to provide Director, Trustee and other related administration services to a wide range of investment vehicles and structures.
The Associate Director will work mainly on Cayman funds across a broad range of investment strategies along with a variety of other entity types and domiciles. There is the potential for international travel with this role.
• Perform detailed review of all documentation and communications for assigned portfolio of clients and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the issues at hand and complete awareness of company procedures and best practices.
• Progress in training and development to take appointments as an independent director on investment funds and other vehicles, serving in good faith and in a manner that is reasonably believed to be in or not prejudicial to the best interests of the company.
• Take responsibility for all matters relating to portfolio of clients including, but not limited to:
- effective relationship management among the fund sponsor and service providers;
- receipt and review of performance reports and holding of annual board meetings;
- performing duties to ensure funds comply with governing documents as well as compliance and regulatory obligations;
- completeness and accuracy of information maintained in company client records;
- monitoring the accounts receivables for clients and make phone calls to resolve aged and outstanding invoices;
• Manage liquidations in the process and completion of company terminations.
• Initiates and leads or assists with ad hoc projects.
• Responsible for supervision, leadership and development of Associate team.
• Minimum 8 years post-qualification senior financial services experience, with a proven track record of advancement.
• A Masters degree in law or accountancy or qualification as a Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst.
• Strong client services experience at management level within the investment funds industry.
• Experience reviewing fund governing documentation and financial statements with proven ability to independently liaise with global service providers, including attorneys, investment managers, brokers etc.
• Prior experience serving as a Director on investment company and investment management company boards, preferred.
• Experience in restructuring and managing distressed funds preferred.
• Firm knowledge of Cayman Islands Mutual Funds law, a strong grasp of legal concepts and knowledge of international fund structures.
• Client facing background with outstanding presentation skills backed up by sound technical, compliance and regulatory knowledge of investment funds.
• Candidate should have networking skills, be highly motivated, and adept at building relationships.
• A willingness to travel internationally would be advantageous.
A salary range of USD $115,000 to $140,000 will be offered, plus pension, health and vacation benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email Gavin@baraud.com