The Employee shall provide Board Support Services and maintain relationships for a portfolio of clients. They will take on a portfolio of clients and be responsible for all elements of Board Support Services including scheduling meetings, preparing board packs and preparing minutes in addition to providing support to the Directors and Associate Director and complete database projects for client files. The Associate will also provide ad-hoc support in order to support client engagements and the team as a whole.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Take full responsibility in servicing and maintaining relationships & work relating to your portfolio of clients.
• Autonomously handle board support for clients including, but not limited to, organizing meetings, liaising with all attendees, gathering and distribution of materials for presentation to the board of directors, preparation of any related checklists, notices or agendas, attendance at board meetings, preparation of full and accurate minutes in a timely fashion as agreed with Team Lead, and ensure follow up with service providers in respect of action items to be completed.
• Provide administrative support to teams to ensure appropriate and real-time information is included in all board materials.
• Appropriately evaluate the risk involved in all board meeting scenarios and prioritize time and risk levels appropriately.
• Prepare due diligence documentation.
• Monitor the accounts receivable for portfolio clients and update web-report each week on status of outstanding. Escalate when necessary.
• Keep abreast of all industry development and regulatory changes. Engage with Team Lead, Directors and Business Unit Leaders to further knowledge and understanding; to define and grow a career path.
• Display understanding of KYC required regarding corporate directorships, to proactively begin process when relevant new engagement is assigned and see process to conclusion.
• Provide appropriate materials prepared to a high standard as defined by protocols, and meet all policy and procedure expectations and timelines.
• Ensure a timely turnaround of prepared board minutes in addition to follow up and close out of all action points.
• Monitor Document Execution status in workflow and regularly update stakeholders of the same.
• Ensure all timelines are met for ensuring performance reports are on file and system is updated.
• Ensure all timelines are met for completion of financial statement project. Updates are given to Team Lead on appropriate deadlines.
• Assist Team Lead when other members of team are out of the office with monitoring inboxes and processing work.
• Identify opportunities for cross-selling company products.
• Provide excellent customer service to a portfolio of clients. Act as a liaison for the client internally to ensure all team members are aware of board meeting needs and that these needs are being met.
• Share key learning and knowledge lessons at team meetings.
• Assist Team Lead in the preparation of certain exception and management reporting.
• Assist with special projects, as required by the Team Lead. Complete weekly, monthly and quarterly database and regulatory projects and update Team Lead and Associate Directors accordingly.
• Work with Team Lead to develop and manage improvements and efficiencies.
• Demonstrate understanding of the functions of an Associate within the company, including a complete understanding of all procedures as defined from time to time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• University graduate with experience working at international financial institutions.
• Professional certificate with investment fund focus preferred.
• Candidates must have prior hedge fund and client service exposure with a firm knowledge of Cayman Islands Mutual Funds law.
• A strong working knowledge of fund structures and regulatory requirements with a strong grasp of legal concepts.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, including reporting and providing support to various members of the team.