My client is seeking a strong Comms and Marketing background that has planned and run events to join their busy team.
Primary duties include the management and oversight of:
- all communications and marketing, including all social media, website content, print and media output, departmental controls, strategic plans and department direction;
- all events and facility rental, including daily direction, creative input, event and departmental fiscal and operational control and business strategy development; and
- all retail areas, including procurement, stock control and inventory, business strategy, staff training, projections and targets.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role, two of which should be at a management/supervisory level;
- a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent additional experience, in marketing, communications, arts or events management or a related field. Other degree designations will be considered;
- demonstrable experience working with a wide variety of social media platforms and design software in a professional environment, and a high degree of computer literacy;
- people management experience, including coaching, daily supervision and career development;
- experience of event management, including planning, execution and operational and fiscal control;
- superior writing and communications skills, with the ability to write for a variety of audiences;
- an interest in the arts, museum field and/or not for profit sector;