The successful applicant is primarily responsible for performing reviews of existing clients, proposed new clients prior to acceptance and compiling evidence of work.
- Primary duty of this role is trust administration.
- For new business, review take-on documentation to ensure compliance with the relevant policies and procedures manuals.
- Assess new business risks, and report the recommendations to the Manager.
- Establish and maintain a good working knowledge of the compliance-related requirements for both new and existing business,
- Assist the STO in maintaining the Policies and Procedures manuals. Contribute to this process by being jointly responsible for the manual/s within your assigned area of expertise.
- Establish and maintain a good working knowledge of the Qualified Intermediary process.
- For existing business, perform reviews of customer records and account documentation to ensure obligations are being performed, documentation meets standards, system records are complete and up-to-date, and procedures are carried out as determined by the appropriate manuals.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations including Trust & Companies Law, PCCL, Company Management Law, Mutual Funds Law, Qualified Intermediary Agreement.
- Conduct special and ad-hoc exercises relating to client compliance matters and other associated issues.
- University degree – law preferably.
- Professional qualification (STEP preferred, ICA or ACAMS).
- Min 5 years in trust administration.
- Knowledge in trustee/directorship responsibilities, banking practices and general accounting principles.
- Ability to read and understand Trust, AML policies and all areas of wealth management.
Please note this role is to commence temporarily and has a view to permanency for the successful applicant.