Assist the Deputy Chief Financial Officer with the budgeting, monitoring, reporting and day to day financial activities of the business, including monitoring the financial performance of units, sections and departments.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist in processing Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable;
- Assist with monthly & bi-weekly payroll;
- Assist in the preparation of budget documentation, quarterly and annual reports
- Review & process output billings
- Prepare month-end reports on financial accounts and assist in the revenue forecasting exercises
- Other activities as directed by Deputy Chief Financial Officer and/or the Chief Financial Officer, from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
The successful applicant should possess the following:
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting and at least 3 years relevant work experience;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and advanced spreadsheet applications are essential;
- A good understanding of the business and activities of the Ministry and the Departments;.
- Knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite would be advantageous.
- Proven understanding of accrual accounting;
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret and report on financial information;
- Working knowledge of the Public Management and Finance law and the accounting practices followed within the Cayman Islands Government is desirable
Please note that only Caymanian applicants are being considered for this post.