My client is urgently seeking a temp litigation paralegal to assist on an upcoming case. This role is for approximately one month and starts next week.
- All paralegal duties, such as preparation of bundles and indexes.
- Drafting of legal documents and correspondence.
- Conducting court searches and providing proper documentation to the associates, assisting in the preparation and review of documents for the delivery of legal opinions.
- Attendance at client and internal meetings and to Court.
- Responsible for the distribution and filing of Grand Court and Summary cause lists, liaising with the Court Office and preparing payment fee for filing.
- All administrative duties and possibly some secretarial.
- Ability to maintain direct contact with clients to obtain instructions, documents, information etc.
- The ideal candidate will have at least two/three years of litigation paralegal experience at a top offshore/international law firm.
- Ideally candidates will have a law degree and have completed the GDL/LPC/CILEX or some form of paralegal qualification in Cayman/ recognised Commonwealth jurisdiction.
- Ability to work overtime and on weekends is essential.
- Knowledge of AderantExpert and FileSite or other litigation software is advantageous.