My client is seeking a strong legal secretary to support 3 associates within their dispute resolution/ litigation group. This role is to commence mid-October.
- Creating and typing Court pleadings, legal documents and correspondence.
- Ensuring timely filing of Court pleadings with the Grand Court.
- Indexing and compiling Court bundles in preparation for hearings.
- Locating relevant legislation and precedent cases, including preparing authorities bundles for Court when necessary.
- Extensive involvement of Associate's billing, including analysing work in progress and accounts receivable reports, preparing and raising appropriate matters for invoicing, sending same to clients and also following up on non-payments where necessary.
- Filing various winding up or restoration documents with Grand Cayman's Registrar of Companies, also requesting certain certificates and information regarding Cayman-registered companies from the Registrar of Companies.
- Compiling company searches to ascertain where registered.
- Arranging for documents to be apostilled/ legalised where necessary.
- Creating, editing, amending and storing of correspondence and documents.
- To liaise with clients as appropriate and in accordance with Lawyer's instructions and firm policies..
- A legal secretarial qualification from a recognised university or college and/or minimum of 3 - 5 years’ legal experience.
- Experienced working within a litigation team is essential.
- Copy and audio typing speeds min 60 wpm.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Tact and diplomacy to deal with confidential matters.