Corporate Paralegal – Grand Cayman
Corporate paralegal required for a top offshore law firm in George Town, Grand Cayman.
- Working under the Head of Corporate, to assist in the undertaking of professional work for the practice, including the preparation and review of organisational and transactional resolutions and the registration of various documentation where required.
- The successful candidate will be expected to assist with the registration of funds with CIMA, including the preparation of all requisite documents and will be responsible for assisting with the preparation and registration of shipping documents with the Shipping Registry and the Civil Aviation Authority.
- The candidate will also be expected to assist with the preparation of closing bibles, ensuring delivery of the same to clients and other relevant parties along with the preparation and review of documents for the delivery of legal opinions.
- The postholder will maintain direct contact with clients for the purpose of obtaining instructions, documents or information and will assist with due diligence, conducting research, billing, minute taking and the drafting of legal documents as requested and when required by members of the practice.
- Applicants should have a law degree or other legal qualification ormust be a Member of the Institute of Legal Executives.
- Applicants should also have a minimum of two years’ experience dealing directly with clients on various matters combined with excellent client relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates should be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, specifically MS Word and MS Excel, and knowledge of AdEx and DMS would be an asset
- The ability to accurately type a minimum of 60 w.p.m. is also required along with a basic understanding of corporate administration and its processes.
- Applicants will also be expected to have a strong sense of commitment and responsibility and should demonstrate sound organisational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be within the range of US$75,000-US$85,000 per annum plus benefits.